This is seriously so frustrating!
I’m doing everything the tutorial is telling me to do and still I just get errors… ERRORS EVERYWWWHHEEERRREEE
I don’t think this needs a caption.
Where did you learned to use zbrush?
I watched a video and then messed around and clicked a bunch of things to see what would happen!
Sooo I can’t get my frankenmesh to keep the bone assignments I give it. They keep getting nuked. S4Cas tools assigns it all to the head as soon as I convert it from s3->s4. :/
You might have to manually put the meshes in, there’s another meshing tool that can convert 3->4 that I don’t think ruins assignments.
the hairs is perf! you are a artist! i can't draw stuff for my life!
Yeah Pffffffft lol I keep starting over cause I’m like half way through and I realize I hate it lmao.
Can you explain how to UV map the hairs? ITS SO DAMN FRUSTATING I CANT EVEN----I haven't done a long and detailed hair but oh my God it's hard
Well, I watched a video about the basics, then fussed around for hours… What I learned was:
- Go into the ZPlugin menu, choose UV Master
- You can mess around with stuff there, this video explains that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jl004CjUXk
- If you find that that method isn’t producing the results you want, you can choose “Polypaint” switch your brush to “Pen Shadow” choose a color, paint in one area, I usually pick the inside of the mesh where the head would be, and then pick another color and paint the rest of the mesh. Using Polypaint will tell ZBrush how you want to split the mesh up, so each different color will be a different Polygroup, so to do this, once you’ve finished coloring, you go to “Polygroup” and choose “Make from Polypaint”, now you have polygroups in each color section (even though there’s no visible difference, it’s there).
- Now you can go back to UV Master and make sure “Polygroups” is on and “symmetry” is off. Remap it and it should work like a dream!
- To check the area of your UV, you can go to “Texture Map” and create a new one, then open the “Create” part of the tool and then choose “Make from UV” and you’ll be able to see the areas that were mapped.
- UV Maps made with ZBrush’s UV Master tool will be “bear skins” meaning they will be like how a bear skin rug is, it was once 3D but was cut up to make it 2D, this makes for seamlessness in the texture and not having to worry about lining seams up.
I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it a million times, UV maps are the devil.
Okay so if that was too confusing I can try to make some time tomorrow to make a video or take screenshots.
did you pirate zbrush?
It’s $800. Sooooo
how can i put a sim in zbrush?
You’ll need to get the .obj file, it was posted a while ago by stilinkia (I can never spell it right). Then you can import it into zbrush.
Cho’s got this shit on lock! (I know it’s echo, but you’ll always be cho to me
WRONG BLOG WTF